• Provide support to the strategic agenda of the Executive Director through researching, drafting and editing wide range of materials that are factually accurate and politically sound; including speeches, statements, reports, remarks, op-ed articles, messages, talking points, press statements etc., on issues that cover the entire spectrum of the UNOPS work.
• Identify the latest news, and reports and studies by other international organizations on topics that the Executive Director will be addressing in coming speeches and retrieve relevant ideas, facts and figures;
• Monitor keynote speeches by prominent stakeholders in the international arena, and identify strategic opportunities for the Executive Director to speak;
• Consulting and advising the Head of Communications on the form and content of speeches and other materials to have the highest impact on target audiences, in line with the Organization’s communications strategy. Media
• Developing story lines and securing media coverage to increase the visibility of UNOPS and partner project activities, nationally and internationally
• Designing, project-managing and acting as a focal point for all international media communications campaigns (in three languages).Provide support to the strategic agenda of the Executive Director through researching, drafting and editing
• Promoting UNOPS though coordinating media coverage associated to attendance at events (often through senior management representation) through media management and media partnerships
• Developing and refining media-related guidelines and strategies, and monitor and evaluate results and impact
• Keeping abreast with emerging and trending news and media stories to seize opportunities for positioning UNOPS as thought-leaders on issues related to UNOPS core mandate
• Building relationships with field offices, other departments and external partners to gather information and provide advice on communications outreach
• Performing other duties as required. Education
• Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in communications, journalism, media, international relations or a or related field with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience is required;
• A first level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in combination with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree. Experience
• A minimum of 7 years (9 years for a bachelor’s degree) of experience in journalism, speechwriting, international relations, media or a relevant field Language
• Fluency in English is required.
• Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
Contract type: ICA
Contract level: I-ICA 3
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunitie... Please click here to apply Vaata tööpakkumist!